Some days I despise Ancestry.com, today is one of them. I’m going to give you my top ten reasons.
10. Stupid memes and icons people upload that show up on hints. Really? Direct or immigrant/emigrant ancestor. I ain’t got time for that!
9. Coats of Arms that aren’t proven. Please, before posting these things, take the time to understand how they work.
8. Professional Genealogists – you’re on Ancestry…really?
7. The “I’ve been researching my family for 29 years and my grandma was born after her daughter” morons. They are almost the same as….
6. The “my grandfather was a professional genealogist so I know this or that fact is true” morons. I don’t care how long you’ve been researching or how much your grandfather researched the family, there’s always something wrong or unknown you can find out.
5. 325,000 member trees. Seriously? Having the equivalent of the population of a third world country as your relatives doesn’t make you any better than anyone else. This rolls into….
4. Joe Smith is my 46th cousin. Firstly, what the eff is a 46th cousin and secondly, why the double eff would it matter. You’re a moron.
3. Descendants of the Merovingians. You’re not. Get over it. Really. It is impossible for you to prove, so just stop it!
2. Stalkers. I have one. Really. I’m just here for the census records. Leave me alone.
1. Photo and document thieves. You people annoy me to no end (kay & ruthann)! I hate clicking on a hint leaf and find it being a picture of one of my direct family members that you have stolen – – yes, STOLEN – – from my family website or findagrave and posted as your own with no notation about where the picture came from or even just ‘I ripped Mike off’ It’s just plain rude.
Have a great day!